Thursday, June 30, 2005

It is surreal to me that June is over. I can't believe how quickly the year is passing us by. Ethan is nearly 7 months old and before we know it he'll be hitting one year. I can't even imagine him being a year old.

I still feel like it was just yesterday when the hospital sent us home with a pat on the back to take care of this precious little life all on our own. We've made it this far, but as I said, I still feel like this new father who isn't sure what to do with a real child. A child living in our home. All the time. Every day. It is so surreal.

But, when I come home from work, and see him sitting on his blanket, looking up waiting to see me. And then he smiles and gets so excited until I come over and he can give me a big hug and try to eat my shoulder, that's when I remember that it has been 7 months. That's when I realize just how much Ethan loves us and how much I love him.

No comments: