The videos are now working.
I discovered that when I set the videos to private on YouTube.com they cannot be viewed even if I post them here.
So, for now, I have made them public. But that means they can also be found on the YouTube site. Unlikely, especially since I don't allow them to be rated, and I'm going pretty minimal with description and tagging.
The debate then is this:
1. Leave them public and realize that YouTube is ginormous and no one is going to find my videos. (And wouldn't really know what they were watching if they did)
2. Make them private and post a disclaimer in each post (for anyone joining mid-stream) that they need to sign up for YouTube, then let me know their user name, so I can add them to my list of friends.
This seems like quite a bit of work and definately delays the instant gratification of seeing the videos I've posted online.
3. I suppose there could be an option 3 now that Google owns YouTube.
EDIT: Actually, I don't need to wait on Option 3. I checked out Google Video and you can set a video not to be indexed, but still post it to a Web site. So, I'll have to check how it would look in my blog but I might just do that.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment