Today was another big day for me and the boy and I.
One little story, I was changing his diaper and he has been so fussy about that. He squirmed and rolled himself right off the changing table. Fortunately, I was holding one of this legs to try and keep him on his back, so caught him. There he was dangling with a poopy butt and me trying to figure out how to get him back onto the table without making a mess of both of us.
I worked it out quickly and didn't leave him upside down for too long.
We also went to a birthday party for two of the little boys in our ward that just turned one year old. It was right when Ethan normally takes a nap, but I've been pushing him back to adjust for daylight savings ending, so he wasn't too tired when we went.
But he was very clingy. He didn't want to play with the other kids, or even let me put him down. It was very odd, but I guess we have been spending so much time together this weekend. Eventually, he started getting better about being down, and finaly, when I thought we would need to leave, he started jabbering and playing and crawling around. Kids!
So we stayed an extra half hour and watched the eating of the cake :) That was fun.
I have some pictures of Ethan in a cute cow costume to post to the site now.
While we were at the party, it started to snow. Not just little snow, but big flakes that were heavy and wet. The news had predicted only flurries, and this was much more than that. It had covered my car by the time we were leaving. I had to brush it off, and keep the wipers on pretty fast to stay clear.
Of course, by tonight it had stopped and the snow is all melted. That's Boston for you.
I'm very excited to see Mia again tomorrow. This has been a fun weekend, a long weekend, but it's definately easier to parent when you have a partner to help. I'm glad Mia and I are doing this together.
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment