Saturday, October 01, 2005

One of the best things the Church has done is set up audio feeds of conference on the Internet. Especially now that we have a baby, I'm not sure how we would make it to conference otherwise.

Today, Ethan slept through an entire session. Two solid hours, which is highly, highly unusual for his naps. But, we weren't complaining or about to wake him up.

One thing that impressed me during the Conference sessions so far has been the emphasis on the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the keystone or our religion and that it is never far from the counsel we receive, but I feel the Saints have been energized by Presdient Hinkley's challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I decided to finish it from where I was (near the end of Alma). This was an inspired way to encourage more Church members to read the Book of Mormon instead of just telling us how important it is. I'm glad we have a prophet to lead us.

No comments: