Did I say that I had figured everything out in my last post. I did have figured out that the instance of the movie clip that was designated to load my pictures did not have the proper area behind it set up to receive the pictures. But I had handled that when last I wrote.
Afterwards I discovered that my pictures were all coming in too large, which was a problem with the size setting of the area that I had to adjust to receive the pictures. I finally figured that out today.
Also today I discovered that Photoshop allows you to change the size an entire batch of photos automatically. That saved me tons of time. Of course I still have to rename all of them and enter the names into my XML documents.
And I had to figure out today why my HTML Template in Dreamweaver that I am going to use for these pages was coming up screwy. It still isn't quite what I want, but I am writing the navigation with a JavaScript file, so that will be easy to fix, meaning I only have to do it once and all my pages will be changed. I love that.
So, I have most of the technical difficulties behind me. Now it is just a matter of doing the work so that each page has it own little slideshow. I think I should be able to get that done this week. So, by next week (or so) I really should have pictures up on my Web site. Finally... have I said that already?
Monday, May 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment