Friday, August 15, 2003

I started reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden. Terrible I know but I picked it up because of the buzz that Opera generated about it. I have been planning to read some American classic authors for a while, and this seemed a good place to start.

Though I have only been through 2 chapters, Steinbeck's writing style is very descriptive. I have heard that he can write too much description at times, but I really feel as though I am standing in the Salinas Valley as the novel begins.

The copy I have is about 600 pages thick. I was looking at it this morning over my bagel wondering if I was going to have the time and energy to finish it. I shouldn't take up so much time with my blog so I can read more.

Or maybe I will just start staying up later...

No comments: