Saturday, September 13, 2008

William Tell Had a Poker Face



And, in case you want to read the text, I'm providing it below too.

William Tell had a poker face. 
I never looked into his eyes. 
You could get lost in his eyes.
"Fold," I said and laid my cards on the table. 
William smiled, halfway, or rather with only
one side of his mouth. I looked down at his
hands. He flipped over his cards. Two of diamonds
and ace of hearts. He had a pair,
on the the River,
on the two.
"Poker is like love," he said flipping $100 chips
at each of us. "You play the player, not the game."
I smiled, halfway, or rather I felt smug inside
without moving my mouth. "Tell us," I said,
"about love."
William Tell looked at his cards then flipped the dealer $100.
"Deal," he said.

Edit: My wife thinks I'm boring, so I cut out the bit of me talking and just jumped right to the point of the video. ;-)

No comments: