Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Blogs vs Bloggers

I was reading today at Marketing Profs. (sign-up req'd) about the dark side of blogging. The main theme was warning against the addiction of blogging.

This was in the context of using blogging as a platform for business, specifically trying to start or promote your own business through blogging. So, I'm going to take exception with some of the article.

Blogs and Bloggers are two different things. I have a blog, but I'm not a blogger. I update my blog for personal reasons, family reasons, friend reasons. I like doing it but as anyone who's followed my blog knows, I don't post every day.

I think, that this is also the reason that I don't twitter. I'm not trying to gather a following, I'm not trying to be a thought leader and give people frequent updates so they'll always know what's on my mind.

However, one thing that I did find true was the desire for feedback. Having a few friends and family that check my blog now, I'm always hoping some people will leave comments for me. I'll have to try and fish for them better.

I've toyed with the idea of becoming a blogger. But I keep resisting because I don't think that I want to get addicted.

10 comments:

Linda said...

I just figured out how to leave a comment.

Mia said...

Aww babe. I read your blog.

dastew said...

I read your blog too

dastew said...

and I leave comments

dastew said...

because I believe

dastew said...

that comments show

dastew said...

how much people love you

m3ng said...

Hey! I didn't know you still had this domain/blog...

:) Who blogs as a business? seriously, that's a niche.

Mr Jo Bloggity said...

@dastew - Mine was better :p

@m3ng - I'll have to share my Google Reader list with you someday. It's surprising how many people are doing blogging, either as part of their own business model, or in addition to their day job.

Anonymous said...

Stupid blogger.com puts all the stuff on the comment page in hangul just because my ip address is in korea. I HATE THAT! Anyway, it makes it very hard to leave a comment when you can't read what the directions say. I'm not very hopeful this will work....but I do read your blog even if I don't comment. Dad