Sunday, January 07, 2007

Recovery

Ethan woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. asking for his cup, and then some bread. He ate two slices, watched a little Blue's Clue's with me and went back to bed a 7:00. He woke up again at about 8:00, but by 8:30 he was in our bedroom snuggling with me and we laid in bed (with some sleeping) until about 10:00. We gave him some Cheerios and a popsicle. At this point we were thinking that he was just playing us to get his way with the popsicles. He ate pretty well at breakfast, and hadn't had any messy diapers yet. I started getting him dressed for church, which he didn't like, and then he made a very small (but still watery) poop. I changed him, and he started getting sleepy again.

Realizing that we would never make it through church with him crashing like this (and Mia and I needed to at least catch some of Primary since we both have callings there) I put him back down about 11:30 and we are hoping he'll only sleep for an hour again so we can get to church on time.

His fever is down, he was 99.8 when Mia checked him earlier. His appetite is coming back and he seems to be getting more energy. He played a little this morning while he was awake, including some coloring. We think that the worst is over and now it's just a matter of getting him back up to full strength.

No comments: