Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday's are the day that I come home at 2PM to take care of the boy so my wife can go to work. We were both a little hesitant today because he has not been sleeping very well.
I wasn't sure I would even be able to get him to sleep at his bedtime without his mom being there to nurse him and comfort him before bed. He will eat with me, mostly his solid foods like rice cereal, strained fruit (he loves pears) and other strained vegetables like peas and carrots. But, when it comes time for bed he still likes his mom to feed him and then he usually falls asleep in her arms, or mine, right afterwards.

Tonight, some co-workers at the hospital wanted to see Ethan, so about the time he was starting to nod off I loaded him into the car. By the time we got there he was totally asleep. But when we got there and woke him up, he was just a happy little guy. He got to talk with everyone and all the people there said he was so much cuter in real life than in his pictures. I kind of agree, he is such a cute boy.

When I got home he was asleep again, and so far as stayed that way. Here's hoping for a peaceful night.

No comments: