Sunday, April 18, 2004

Another month practically over. I need to get onto my site more often. I haven't done too much with it lately. I tried to make some updates last week though. The navigation works better now, the links all stay in the same place and they all work.

We had some friends come out this weekend and I helped Stewart update his resume and coverletter. I think that the resume and coverletter are a great medium. I enjoy working to make them concise yet informative. Searching for the language that will engage an employer is an interesting battle. You can't get too esoteric with your choice of words but at the same time you want to avoid the mundane. Quite the balance to strike.

Stewart has been looking for a job over the last year without any success. I am interested to know if our updates this weekend bring in any results. He is applying for a political position down in Washington D.C. so I am waiting to hear what kind of response he gets. If it is positive, I might try to do some freelance resume writing. I think that would be an interesting side job.

Speaking of which, I need to put a bit of work into my resume now that I have a new position. I am not going to send it out, but keeping it current is good exercise.

No comments: