Thursday, February 12, 2004

I am very sad that I will not be with my wife on Valentine's Day. She has gone on vacation with her mother and two siblings.

However, as a Valentine's Day treat, I have updated the mainpage of my Web site with a love poem. No, it is not 'the' love poem, but one that she really likes. I can't remember where I got the inspiration for this poem. I suppose that I should say it was from my wife, but I don't think we were dating at the time I wrote this.

I am fascinated by the hopeless romanticism of William Tell in this poem. His earnest belief that he might one day walk into the basement and find a hole to China waiting to take him to his lover resonates with me. The idealism and complete trust that love will conquer all is becoming especially poignant to me while I am alone.

No comments: