Happy New Year!!
New Year's Eve was a quite event around our house. We decided to rent a couple of movies, all of which turned out to be independent films. We watched Raising Victor Vargas, a very real movie about the barriers people set up to keep people out, and how different life is when you let people past those barriers.
Later that night we watched Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, a favorite of my wife's family. I was so tired that I kept falling asleep during the movie. But I woke up in time to watch the ball drop, cheer in 2004, and drag my blanket back to the bed. I was asleep by 12:05 but I didn't care.
Today we watched He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, with Audrey Tautou--the actress from Amelie. It was really well done. I don't want to spoil it, but this is one of those movies where your perception completely changes. We liked it, and it comes recommended from me.
We also went into Boston to with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to watch Ghosts of the Abyss. An IMAX 3-D documentary about an expediation to the Titanic. Such an amazing ship. So many things are so well preserved down there. I wish that I could see first hand the wreckage. That would be a powerful and humbling experience.
As it is 2004 I feel that I should say I am looking forward to this year. So many things can happen in a year, I just hope it doesn't pass as quickly as 2003 did.
Thursday, January 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment