Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire Review

I have trouble when I review things that I give too much away.  I don't want to do that with Slumdog Millionaire but I do want to give my thoughts on it.

First, if you watch this movie and don't find it to be emotionally moving then you are dead inside.

It's a love story, a coming-of-age story, and a commentary on the poverty in the countries like India. The movie unfolds in a mostly linear fashion (regarding the flashbacks) but weaves in many non-linear elements that very much enhance the technique. 

The main character, Jamal, was a boy is one of the best precocious children I've seen in a movie.

I'm really struggling not to give too much away. So I'll have to keep this short and tell you to go watch this movie. Seriously, go now. Right now. I'll wait.

No comments: