I've led a very fortunate life. I'm 31 and never lost anyone in my immediate or extended family.
Until today.
Monica called me just a few minutes ago to tell me that our Grandpa Jo had passed away. Grandma Jo has been in and out of the hospital the last few weeks. We've all been so worried about her and praying for her so much.
Monica said that he was taken to the hospital for sudden chest pains, and shortly after that he passed away.
This was rather unexpected. Mia and I really wanted to have a chance to go down with Edward so they could meet both of their Great-Grandchildren.
I'm sad tonight. That's... an understatement but I can't really put better words on it.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
John, This is a time when your faith in Heavenly Father's plan must come to the forefront of your mind and heart. Your Grandpa still very much IS. He just isn't here right now. This is but a temporary separation in the big scheme of things, and although you will miss him very much during this time, you will be with him again. I remember a friend once wondered if when one died and went to the spirit world, if there was the same rejoicing that we have here on earth when a baby is born. I would like to think that there is and that your Grandpa is being welcomed and embraced by his family members who have gone before. Hugs, Linda
Post a Comment