Sunday, March 25, 2007

More catching up

So, Mia finished her play last weekend. It was kind of crazy because their Friday show got canceled because of snow, but then re-scheduled for Sunday. Mia had to work a full shift on Monday and was hoping for a day off on Sunday to rest.
David, Chris and family came out to the Saturday afternoon show of the play. And Linda came out for the evening performance. They all enjoyed it very much. The performance really was moving, they did very well with the singing and sets and everything.

So, during the rest of the week we tried to recover from last weekend.

Also, I received a present from my parents this week. It's for my birthday... just some random birthday, no major milestones that would make me feel old. However, to ease me into my next year closer to death, I'll have a boatload of music. An 80GB iPod with video capabilities. I don't even know what I'm going to do to fill it all up. I'll have to start hitting up my friends for music.

On Friday, Mia was feeling pretty sick so I took the day off so she could sleep before going to work. Ethan has been a crazy man lately. Very active, very very active. So, rather than letting him run around the house and wake Mia up, we headed out to the park. We were there for 2 hours. And he still fought me when I took him home. And then, after the nap we went to the park for 2 hours again. I'm going to make a separate post about active parenting, because on Saturday we went to the park for 2 hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon (it was getting a little cold) and for about an hour on Sunday morning (though I hadn't been planning on it). Did I mention that Ethan's active?

Today, I'm watching the new Discovery Channel's premiere of Planet Earth with their new hi-def filming techniques that let's them film from further away and thus get more natural footage. It's very cool.

And that's my update.

No comments: