Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Post!

We have some great pictures of Ethan that I'll bug Mia to get up on her blog. :P

Or maybe I'll take some time and do it myself. I've been pretty lazy about that for the last few months.
But, that's not what I want to talk about today.

Actually, the fact that I am posting at all is pretty amazing. I spent nearly the entire 8.5 hours that I was at work writing an article that we are going to get published in a trade journal in the workflow process and remittance payment industries. I pumped out 1000 words of the 1200 that we are alloted, though I saved the room for a customer quote that we are hoping to get tomorrow.

If this doesn't seem like a feat, which it didn't to one of my friends as I chatted with him after work, let me just tell you that it was. Mentally it was exhausting as I had to research some fairly technical topics (Check21 standards for example).
However, I did get through it all and hopefully got enough of our messages in to make the article worthwhile to us.

On the other hand, with my manager being away for the last 10 weeks, my other co-worker in marketing and I have been handling all our work and the administrative aspects of our department that she normally deals with. I have to say that I would rather rack my brains for 8 hours writing up 1000 words than chase people around for the same amount of time... or most likely longer.

Anyway, when we get published, I'll post a link (if the article is available online) and you can see how I spend my days.
Actually, you can see some of the fruits of my labors if you check out the newsletters for my company. I write the feature article every month.

Ok, that's about all I have the energy to muster tonight. I'm off to bed.

No comments: