A lot of things change when you become a parent. But I wasn't expected my childhood memories to become so different.
Just one minute ago, Mia was reading an old Christmas letter that my parents just sent in a package to us. She read the part about AJ getting a new bike in Ridgecrest.
What I remember about that story is that my parents found a mostly functional bike a a garage sale. My dad fixed it up and painted it blue. They wanted this to be special for AJ so they pulled Monica and I aside, to ask us not to tell AJ that it wasn't a new bike.
Remembering that story just now, made me get all emotional thinking about how my mom and dad wanted to do something for nice for their son. It made me think of all the things that I want to do for Ethan. I love spending time with him, he's such a happy boy, and I can only imagine how much more love I'll have for him as he grows up.
P.S. Dad, if I got this story horribly wrong, please correct it in your weekly email :)
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment