I have needed to update my blog for a while now, so I'm going to quickly write about two things that have happened with Ethan. Both very cute.
Things that go bump
I have been playing alot of peek-a-boo with Ethan because he loves to come running after you when you are hiding around a corner, or some pull the blanket off you when hiding under on. He's also taken to do this himself, we have a quilt hangning in his bedroom that he will pull up a corner and hide behind, then pull it away while I shout "peek-a-boo". He loves it.
Well, while I have been doing this, Mia was having fun with Ethan by putting sweatshirts on his head (putting anything on his head is our sign for silly) and he would run around laughing his head off.
So, one day, near bath time, Ethan and I are next to his crib. He's facing his dresser which is about 8 feet away (maybe less). I reach up and grab his towel, then I drop it over his head. I'm expecting him to pull it off and we'll both get a good laugh.
Instead, as soon as it's on and he can't see a thing, he starts running (yes, running as fast as he can) and laughing, until he smacks right into his dresser. He got knocked backwards onto his butt and of course started to cry.
The situation was so ridiculous that I had to keep myself from laughing. But because I knew that it hurt him so much, I didn't want him to think I didn't take his pain seriously. I gave him a big hug and held him until he felt better.
He's a growing boy, and learning new things everyday... we haven't tested him on this lesson yet though.
Just like Dad
Ethan and I went to the park over the weekend. We had gotten another snowstorm recently, but the streets and sidewalks were clear, so we didn't think about that. I bundled Ethan up in his jacket and his cute hat. We could only find one glove so I just decided not to keep him out for too long.
When we got to the park (it's only a block away) I saw that the entire playground part was still covered in snow. I guess the city didn't plow it. :)
So, deciding that Ethan was going to be in the snow more often that I was, I put my gloves on him. It was quite funny because they came up over his jacket to about his elbows. He didn't really want to play on any of the equipment at the playground, so I put him on top of the icy crust of the snow to see if he would walk around. I should mention that we had just gotten his new shoes the day before, and he was still getting used to them. Well, he just stood there, looking at me, looking at the swings (his favorite) and looking at the chain link fence that ran along the street. Finally I went over and took one of his hands to help him along. As soon as I was holding his hand, he started walking all over. We made our way to the swings (but didn't ride them) and then onward to the fence so he could watch cars. He didn't break through the crust on top of the snow, which made it easier for him.
Then, after he looked like he was starting to get too cold, we walked back to the park entrance and I carried him home.
I just thought he was the cutest little boy in my gloves, and I felt so special when he wanted to hold my hand as we walked around the park.
What a great kid we have.
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment