Thursday, November 20, 2003

For me there is an amazing catharsis in writing. I am surprised that I don't do it more often. Writing is a great outlet for me, because while I am like talking to people, even large groups of people, I don't feel that I am very engaging as an orator. When I have the time to sit down and deliberate over my words before using them, the effect is much stronger and more clear.

One of the more random thoughts that I had today while listening to the radio is that I wouldn't do well writing about pop culture, or trying to incorporate pop culture into my writing. I just don't know that much about it, and personally, don't miss it all that much. I am surprised by how who are my age or older put so much importance on popular music, movies, clebreties and etc.

To change topics again, work has been pretty crazy for me. But I am enjoying my work now immensly more than I ever did at Schwartz. It is great to have a place where each day is exciting and I know that people respect the work I am doing for them.

Not that I don't still have plenty to learn. I haven't gotten any official training yet, so I have been pieceing together some of the procedures, and I can see where the cracks are. But overall things are going well.

No comments: